Rep Firm of the Future (RFOF) Committee Update: September 2021
The Rep Firm of the Future Committee focuses on the emerging trends on the changing roles and activities of the MAFSI representative and other industry trends affecting the representative/customer/factory relationship and the growth and development of MAFSI rep firm and manufacturer partners.
Our initiatives include:
Compensation and Contracts
- Commission and Contracts were reported as the number one concern for rep firm members in 2021. The committee is working on a compensation and contracts resource webpage for reps and manufacturers, slated for launch in September under the “Tools” section of mafsi.org.
Rep Firm of the Future
- The committee is working on a “spec sheet” addressing the functions of the rep firm of the future, slated for release at MAFSI ‘22 and supported through special breakouts for reps and manufacturers.
Best Practices/Business Models
- The committee is working on digitizing MAFSI’s 80+ Best Practices and Guidelines and developing a new guideline on best practices for inside sales.
Strategic Alliances/Industry Relations
- Allied Partner Conferences: MAFSI President, Tom Mitchell, and Executive Director, Alison Cody will be representing MAFSI at the following allied partner conferences:
- FEDA Conference - September 21-24, 2021 in Nashville, TN
- CFESA Conference – October 4-6, 2021 in Phoenix, AZ
- NAFEM Annual Meeting – February 28-March 3, 2022 in Scottsdale, AZ
- FCSI Conference – April 21-23, 2022 in Montreal, ON