Research, Data & Trends: April 2022: MAFSI Tames the Storms Ahead with our own Barometer
- An instrument for measuring atmospheric pressure, used especially in weather forecasting.
- Something that registers or responds to fluctuations; an indicator.
- An instrument for measuring the weight or pressure of the atmosphere, invented by Evangelista Torricelli, an Italian mathematician and physicist, in 1643.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.As defined above and pictured here a barometer is an instrument that registers or responds to fluctuations, an indicator.
As a sailor, knowing the weather ahead of you is critical. Every cruising boat should have a barometer on board. A barometer on a boat helps a boater stay abreast of developing weather patterns.
Much like that critical tool on the water for cruising boaters, the MAFSI Barometer is a vital tool for navigating changes in our business climate. It is a unique tool for us as we are both the source of the information and the consumer of the information.
For that reason, it is critical that we as members contribute to the quarterly survey that comes out and provide the simple information that is requested. For a few minutes of your time, you are rewarded with an insight into what is happening around the country and around your region.
Access The MAFSI Business Barometer Reports Here!
Here are a few facts that you may not know about the MAFSI Barometer:
- Your individual information is never seen by anyone at MAFSI. The data is compiled by a 3rd party company for MAFSI so none if the information is identifiable to any one of our individual companies.
- The data is compiled and then broken down nationally and regionally so that you can see how the trends may be moving in different regions and compare to what you already know is in your own backyard.
- There are 4 main product categories: Equipment, Supplies, Tabletop, and Furniture.
- The MAFSI Barometer is the leading indicator for the 15-billion-dollar foodservice industry.
- This data is available for you to make informed decisions for your business and is available online going back to 2002. Click Here to access all the past Barometer Reports.
High Sabatino Associates
MAFSI Region 5 Board Member